Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL The small audiophile phono preamp
The new star among the phono stages in the offer of the English hifi manufacturer Musical Fidelity.
The MX-VYNL amplifies the delicate signals of MC systems as well as MM pickups. For moving coil systems, the termination impedance between 10 Ohm and 47 kOhm can be set, for moving magnet systems the input capacitance between 50 pF and 400 pF. The setting here is no fumbling with jumpers or mice pianos, but can be easily done during operation via the controller on the front. The fine tuning for your optimal sound is much easier.
In addition, MF's new highlight also enables true symmetrical operation. If required, 2 turntables can be connected simultaneously (1 x via RCA, 1 x via XLR).
As always with Musical Fidelity, the RIAA equalizer also works well beyond 20 kHz, which benefits even more natural sound reproduction.
Optionally, an equalization according to IEC instead of RIAA is possible. The characteristic can also be easily switched on the front. An 6 dB sensitivity adjustment completes the extensive set-up options of this exceptional pre-amp.
Lowest distortion values and extremely low noise are a matter of course for a product like the MX-VYNL.
Roland Kraft judges in the big phono preamplifier test in issue 12 / 2015 by stereoplay: "Technically and sonically, an exceptional phono amplifier that plays well above its price." No wonder, then, that the MX-VYNL also receives the predicate "stereoplay highlight" and easily ranks among competitors in the ranking, which are good and happy to cost two and three times.
And Michael Lang of stereo comes in the January issue 2016 the result: "A playground for analogues with excellent flexibility and excellent sound characteristics. Excellently processed! ... sound level 90% - Price / Performance Outstanding "
- Inputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x Mini XLR, fully isolated and switchable
- Outputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR
- Input impedances MC: 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1200 Ohm, 47 kOhm
- Input capacities MM: 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 pF
- Input sensitivity MC: 0,8 mV (XLR) / 0,4 mV (RCA)
- Input sensitivity MM: 5,0 mV (XLR) / 2,5 mV (RCA)
- Channel separation: 86 dB (MM), 83 dB (MC)
- Distortion: <0,007% (MM), <0,01% (MC)
- Signal to noise ratio: 101 dBA (MM), 98 dBA (MC)
- Accuracy of RIAA / IEC equalization: +/- 0,1 dB
- Power supply: via supplied external power supply 12 V / 500 mA
- Dimensions: 220 x 53 x 215 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 1,9 kg
Payment and security
All payment information is secure. We do not store credit card information and do not have access to your credit card information.