The successor of the Ayon Orion! Fantastic sound and price -
"The entrance into real high-end tube amplification".
The Scorpio represents a dramatic rethinking of economic vacuum tube based integrated amplifier industrial design while retaining the basic architecture as our highly regarded "Spirit" amplifier.
The Scorpio integrated amplifier combines neutrality, realistic dynamics and power projection, true musicality with high resolution.
Perfect finish, elegant discrete design and outstanding sonic performance make the "Scorpio" unique, setting a new price-to-value standard in its class.
Features & Design
Full-featured pure class A tube stereo integrated amplifier
Switchable between pentode and triode mode
KT88 power output tubes
Ideal for more difficult loudspeaker loads
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant impact on the sound and on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the difference between the different types of tubes and their combinations.
The shorter the signal path is, the less the possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
● Power tube and electronic protection circuit system
● 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for pure musical sound and high reliability
● No solid state devices in the signal path
● High current and low impedance design in the best areas of their curves
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● Automatic and manual bias adjustment
● No followers or buffers in the signal path
● Quality parts throughout
● Selector switch relays located near RCA jacks to switch all inputs
The power supplies have been refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source. So using electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
● Low noise-insulated power transformers
● Power transformer is encased, excellent damped and RFI / EMI shielded
● Innovative power supply provides high-speed energy delivery on transients
● Choke filtered power supply
● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
● High current filament-regulator for pre and driver tubes
● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● Current in-rush limiting
● Auto sequencing - Power on cycle completes in 1 minute
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer's major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a lot more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
● Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer
● High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimally current and voltage transfer
● Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
● Output transformers are sealed with anti-resonance compound material
It is placed in a relationship with the group of companies that they are located in.
● Selected, quality passive components used in all applications
● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
● Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
● High quality - binding posts
● High quality - RCA input jack
● Special isolated - internal wiring
● Copper matrix - internal signal cable
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration and non-magnetic chassis are fully assembled to the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Improved heat ventilation chassis
● Custom-made machined control knobs
● The aluminum feet are a kind of acoustic absorber
● Backlit "ayon" logo
● All front & rear panels are engraved
● 4 line inputs
● Volume & Mute function - RC
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / black
Triode or Pentode switchable!
Here are a few test extracts:
Amplifier: Ayon SCORPIO
Device type: Integrated amplifier
Operating modes: Pentode or Triode
Intelligent Auto-Bias: Yes
Tubes: 4x KT88 EH
Load Impedance: 4 & 8 Ohms
Output power Pentode: 2x 45W
Output power triode: 2x 30W
Music Performance: 2x 50W
Frequency response: 15Hz-50kHz
Input impedance at 1 kHz: 100K ohms
Ripple voltage: - V
Negative feedback: 0dB
Volume control: potentiometer
Volume adjustable via IR: Yes
Inputs: 4x Line
Dimensions (WxDxH) cm: 46x34x26 cm
Weight: 29 kg