Ayon CD-Drive CD-T II
€ 5,995.00 € 6,995.00
is in arrears
The new dream drive now optional with DSD upsampling!
The latest review:
AYON CDT II
After more than 5 years' production time of the CD-T and its unbroken success. We have kept the legendary Philips Pro drive (the CD-drive ever built and reissued again), the dual digital tube buffer with 6H14 and the typical elegant and timeless " Ayon "chassis.
Special attention was paid to the new clocking system, the new dual ground system and the possibility to raise the bitrate to the DSD 128 by means of our DSD-converter module (optional). The CD-clamp-system so what else? thus, the classical and the tube-buffered outputs on the rear panel are designed switchable.
The CD-T Mk II was designed to play compact discs with a new level of resolution, dynamics and musical naturalness. The overall sense of transparency and purity is simply breath-taking, offering a sense of relaxed intimacy with the recorded performance. The CD-T Mk II is perfectly engineered with a very high built quality.
Full featured top loader CD transport
We believe that the simplest circuits work best with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
● Warm up function
● Ultra short signal path
● Simplest direct circuit path for pure musical sound and high reliability
● Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
● No DC servo that degrades the signal
● High quality parts throughout
● Fully assembled to the highest level of craftsmanship
● Low jitter digital audio clock system
● High precision clock
● 6H14 tube (digital output - signal buffer)
● A virtually jitter-free - 1 picoseconds - digital clocking system
● Digital output - S / PDIF (RCA), BNC, I2S, AES / EBU (XLR)
The power supplies have been refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the CD mechanism and digital signal.
● 2 separate R-Core / Low noise - insulated power transformer for digital audio signals & CD mechanism
● Innovative power supply provides high-speed energy delivery on transients
● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
● 6 separate FET voltage regulators
It is placed in a relationship with the group of companies that they are located in.
● Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
● High quality grade e-capacitors
● High quality - RCA, BNC & XLR jack
● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration and non-magnetic chassis are fully assembled to the highest level of craftsmanship.
● Backlit function buttons
● Modified suspension system to isolate the CD-transport from mechanical vibrations
● Anti-vibration magnetic integral CD-clamp system combined with dark acrylic CD cover
● The aluminum feet are a kind of acoustic absorber
● Metal remote commander
● Chassis finish: black / chrome