Ayon Audio - CD-10 Signature
€ 5,290.00 € 5,480.00
is in arrears
Ayon CD-10 signature version
Version with upsampling on DSD! Our new favorite CD player in this price range!
The CD-10 is a ground-breaking SACD / CD player design with an advanced technology like a single-ended triode 6H30 output stage, a new DAC design, an advanced magnetic clamp system and a switchable PCM-DSD converter. This player is a vitality, clarity, natural warmth, superb dynamic contrasts and, in addition, a superb construction quality.
In this price-range the CD-10 is one of the most innovative and best-selling CD players ever built in the 35-year long CD history.
Features & Design
Full featured tube top loader CD player
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Warm up function
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for pure musical sound and high reliability
- Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnects to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
- No solid state devices in the analogue tube output (signal path)
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- No DC servo that degrades the signal
- High quality parts throughout
- Fully assembled to the highest level of craftsmanship
- Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
- Digital input - S / PDIF (RCA), & TosLink
- USB input - 24 / 384 kHz and DSD 64x / 128x
- Digital output - S / PDIF (RCA)
The power supplies have been refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages, which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a 6H30 output stage. So using electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- R-Core / Low noise - insulated power transformer for digital & analog
- Innovative power supply provides high-speed energy delivery on transients
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- Tube rectification for analogue output stage
- 10 separate voltage regulators
It is placed in a relationship with the group of companies that they are located in.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- High quality special tube sockets with gold pins
- Capacitors (MKP 2%)
- High quality - RCA & XLR jack
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration and non-magnetic chassis are fully assembled to the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Backlit function buttons
- Modified suspension system to isolate the SACD / CD transport from mechanical vibrations
- Anti-vibration magnetic CD-clamp system with dark acrylic CD-LID
- The aluminum feet are a kind of acoustic absorber types
- Metal remote commander
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
Sonic a dream!
Test extract from predecessor:
"... The Ayon CD-1sc Tube Top Loader CD Player embodies the excellent sound that makes the signal path short done, especially when trying to meet the unimaginable whims of a global audiophile community. It's worth visiting the Ayon website. . "
Test extract from the predecessor
Here is the latest customer feedback, the Ayon is the successor to an ARCAM FMJ CD-33: