SACD / CD / Streamer with digital inputs and app control!
- Plays all disc formats, including SACD, CD-A, CD-R and CD-RW
- Supports audio file formats including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, OGG, MP3, AAC and WMA
- USB input
- Superb 32-bit DAC built in
- Streaming through the music life app
- Total harmonic distortion + noise = 0.002%
- 32 bit DAC
- Coax, optical, USB input
- IP controllable (via Arcam Music Life App)
- DEEZER TIDAL QOBUZ INTERNETRADIO
Our most advanced cd, digital audio and network streaming player yet:
In a sense, digital audio does not exist. You have to make a dull superhero to possess ears that can decode the millions of 1's and 0's that make up your CD collection or iTunes library. Whatever the source - laptop, CD player, smartphone, USB stick - the result is just a vibration in your speakers. In other words, it's all analogue in the end.
Arguably, when playing from a digital format, the most vital component is the DAC, or Digital to Analogue Converter. This is what we translate into "the lifeblood of the future". Bit-depth, meanwhile, is a key measure of audio quality.
So, if you're listening to a 24-bit WAV copy of your favorite album through a DAC that only converts to 16-bit, there's a good chunk of detail going to waste right there. That's why we've included 32-bit DACs on the entire HDA range - the most commonly used bit-depth in digital recording - so you're guaranteed the full aural picture of whatever the artist intended.