Ayon Spitfire SET integrated amplifier
is in arrears
THE triode amplifier, you should hear, NEW 2018
the successor to the Mercury 2!
The Ayon Spitfire is powered by similar technologies of our famous "Crossfire" amplifier. It exhibits all well known Ayon magic and qualities.
This amplifier offers exceptional tonal neutrality, high resolution and punchy-airy timbre with great musical sweetness. A quick uncoloured and powerful bass and spacious 3D soundstage are self-evident for this remarkable amp. This accurate engineering, superior aesthetic and value makes the Spitfire unique on the high-powered single-ended market.
Quote hi-fi stars about the predecessor:
Equipped with the 'mother of all power cycles', the AA52B-S, it spreads exactly that 'pound' of emotion ... mercilessly neutral in sound quality, it awakens the constantly meandering feel of 'having' when listening. ... "
Full featured single-ended tube stereo integrated amp or pure power amplifier
SE - pure class A triode vacuum tube-circuit design
AA62B Power output tubes high peak current & high voltage delivery
Ideal for more difficult loudspeaker loads
The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant impact on the sound and on the inspiration and joy of listening. This is not only the difference between the different types of tubes and their combinations. Today only a few manufacturers produce pure tubes for pure audio amplification; One of them is Ayon Audio's outstanding single-ended triode power tubes (AA32B-S, AA52B-S and AA62B) based on the WE 300B.
We believe that the simplest circuits work best with the shortest signal path. That's why our SE triode amplifiers have been used to deliver single-ended, pure class A circuitry. The shorter the signal path, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Tube and electronic protection circuit system
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind)
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for pure musical sound and high reliability
- No solid state devices in the signal path
- High current and low impedance design in the best areas of their curves
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- High quality parts throughout
- Selector switch engages relays located near RCA jacks to switch all inputs
Single ended amps are more susceptible to power supply aberrations than push-pull amplifiers. The power supplies have been refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages, which makes it a pure power source and is a critical attribute for a single-ended amplifier. So using electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- Low noise-insulated power transformers
- Power transformer is encased, excellent damped and RFI / EMI shielded
- Innovative power supply provides high-speed energy delivery on transients
- Dual choke filtered power supply for Ayon AA62B
- Dual choke for pre and driver stage
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- High capacity energy storage.
- Current in-rush limiting
- Auto sequencing - power on cycle completes in 1 minute
Dual Grounding System
The modification of the grounding topology leads to increased rejection of noise from the power supply and other areas. The dual grounding topology used in all of our amplifiers is quite unique to the whole hi-end tube amplification industry. Search extensive topology provides for quieter backdrop for which the music can unfold in its entirety. It further establishes the quick and controlled bass response and the full bodied expression of the high frequency. The ground leg of the signal has not been neglected and given meticulous attention in its implementation. The importance of proper grounding can not be over emphasized.
- Ground switch
- Central one-point star earth grounding
- Dual grounding system (switchable)
The super-wide bandwidth output transformer's major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass, while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier. The effect is a lot more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.
- Super-wide bandwidth high performance output transformer (made by ayon)
- High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimally current and voltage transfer
- Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response
- Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material
It is placed in a relationship with the group of companies that they are located in.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors
- Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon
- WBT / Germany - binding posts
- Neutrik / Swiss - XLR chassis connectors
- Special isolated - internal wiring
- Silver-copper matrix - internal signal cable
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration and non-magnetic chassis are fully assembled to the highest level of craftsmanship.
- Improved heat ventilation chassis
- Custom-made machined control knobs
- The aluminum feet are a kind of acoustic absorber types
- Backlit "ayon" logo
- All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved
- 4 line inputs & 1 direct input - for pure power amp operation
- Ground switch
- AC phase polarity control indicator
- Volume & Mute function - RC
- Metal remote commander
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
Class of Operation
Single-Ended, Pure Class-A
2 x 30 watts
8 Hz - 35 kHz / 0 dB
Input Impedance at 1 kHz
S / N ratio at full power
MCU based with analog resistor switching circuit
Inputs & Output
3xLine In, 1x XLR In, 1xDirect In, 1x Pre out
Dimensions (WxDxH) cm